Painted Memories: Raspberry



As you've seen lately, I've been trying out some new things here at The Toy Box. Loose toy showcases, Retro Spins and another new segment, Painted Memories.

For those of you who know me personally, you know one of my passions is drawing, painting and in general being creative. As such, I've decided to incorporate this love into The Toy Box in an ongoing effort to provide more content.

Painted Memories is a simple concept. It's a digital painting I've recently created based on pop culture. There will be minimal text (with the exception of this first one) because the concept will be to invoke your own thoughts, memories and stories in the comment section. So please, share whatever comes to mind with each weekly image. I'll be adding my own thoughts there as well.

You'll also notice a theme to the "series" which is best summed up as blue. Rather than paint these pictures on traditional white digital canvases, I opted to customize my own blue color. I was skeptical at first, but then by the time I got to the fourth one I found I was achieving what I was looking for. See, the reason these are all designed with blue as the canvas is because I wanted the series to flow. I also wanted you to be able to look at it and say, "That's from The Toy Box series, Painted Memories." Much like any of your favorite artists, I wanted to be one of those who when you look at it you just know it's mine. Hopefully you too will start to see this as the series unfolds each week - Thursday to be exact.

Let's jump into the first one. 


Please share your own thoughts, memories and stories in the comment section.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

2 comments:

  1. My favorite Mel Brooks movie, followed by Robin Hood: Men in Tights. Of course I love that it's a spoof on Star Wars (among other things) and each character has their own likeable charm - Even the villains. This was definitely Mel Brooks at the height of his game.

    I really wish we would have gotten a sequel - Or even a trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Space Balls! Pizza the Hutt ate himself to death...

    ReplyDelete